To obtain the fellowship you must fulfill one of the following options :
-50 points are required to become certified member in ESOI . these points may be accumulated through a variety of professional activities .
-Four points are taken in consideration during evaluation:
Follow up ( every 2 months for 6 months )
Some are mandatory others are optional
1)Submission of 5 completed cases (max. 50 points )
– Each case is judged by the certification committee and scored out of a possible 10 points, so a minimum of 40 points is scored for 5 cases to get a passing grade with up to 50 points as a maximum grade.
– A variety of techniques and procedures is preferable – Case presentations must include the following:
a – A brief review on a comprehensive dental examination including medical history and any other considerations normally considered before any dental treatment.
b – Preoperative X ray ( panoramic or CT scan )
c – Guiding stent must be available
d – 2 to 3 photos at least must be taken for implant placement
e – postoperative X ray must be given after prosthesis placement with 2 to 3 photos of prosthesis inside patient mouth.
f – 5 to 6 months follow up with periapical X ray every 2 months with a final Photo of the case taken after 6 months.
N.B. quality of photography is considered in the evaluation of the case.
2) presentation of one case in the monthly meeting of ESOI. ( 1 point for each ) The style and format is flexible and left open.
3) 20 credit hours for every year after the date of achieving his continuing education concerned with implantology ( including attending meetings, scientific days ) only photo copies of certificates is required.
optional: ( 10 points at least must be achieved )
1) Mastership in implantology ( 10 points )
2) certified specialist ( 10 points )
3) Postgraduate certificate in implantology: ( 8 points ) Successful completion of a minimum one year full time, a diploma from an accredited university concerned with implantology is required as a credit in this category.
4) submission of any additional complex cases ( 8 points ) i.e. a case with more than 3 implants.
5) Fellowship of an international academy ( 7 points )
6) Fellowship of any national academy ( 5 points )
7) attendance of one ( 1 point ) to two ( 2 points ) courses or any workshops ( 3 points )
8) Giving lectures / workshops in any national or international academy ( 5 points )
9) Giving lecture for ESOI in any monthly meeting ( 2 points )
a certificate with 120 credit hours from the ESOI or one of the registered training center al over the world + the submission of 5 implant case under supervision of ESOI or one of the registered centered + an online MCQ exam which is held twice per year in June and December